13 February 2011

tchka taka tcka tak

That is the sound of the kitty cat clock on the mantle of our (artificial) fireplace. Annabel is poised on a nearby bookshelf wishing she were close enough to take a swipe at the swinging pendulum tails. She is ignoring the chaos strewn around the room behind her. Fiona is moving out and boxes, clothing, books and the occasional dish litter the living room. I have not even dared to peek at the state of her bedroom.

After four years as my roommate she is moving out and moving in with her boyfriend, Terrance. I wish them the best, but I will miss our late night chats in the kitchen coming home from the bar and the constant companionship. I might even miss coming home to their daily after work video game sessions (maybe, but probably not).

Sarah and her dog from downstairs have come up to "help" with the move and have some of Fiona's Spanish drinking chocolate. At least she will still just be a staircase away.

The dog has weaseled his way onto the couch on top of the DVDs that Terrance is sorting and Annabel has now disappeared somewhere akin to the back of my closet.

No comments:

Post a Comment