10 February 2011

Raven, revisited

I took the bus today, same as everyday. I was looking out the window when we pulled up to a bus stop next to a covered overhang or flat roofed awning. As you may recall, today has been the fourth day of amazingly brilliant sunny weather for Seattle. However, I noticed that as people started filing onto the bus and stepping out from the overhang they were each doused with a spray or a splash of water. I wondered if something was leaking and, looking up, to my surprise saw a big fat crow playing in the gutter. He was doing it intentionally. Landing in the gutter and flapping just as each passenger stepped on the bus. They couldn't see the bird but I could. Then the fat bird cocked his head, looked down at me, and winked. I couldn't help but smile back as the bus drove away.

No comments:

Post a Comment