31 December 2009

This season of something

All seasonal cynicism aside, It really was nice to celebrate Christmas with the whole family.

Thanksgiving with friends in Minneapolis was fun, and my mother, of course, went to Paris for that holiday. But for Christmas my brothers and I all ended up in San Fransisco at 'home'. Home because my parents live there, but not home since I never have. Now, having left and returned home, home here is ever so much better.

My brother, Evan, brought his boyfriend home for the first time, and he was charming and awkward and in the end not frightened off by the by our family traditions. I think we are the only family I know to hold a masquerade party on the night of the 23rd. My father topped everyone else by going in a full suit of chain mail, knights helmet, and sword. (My other brother Thomas had to hide the sword halfway through the evening after a certain amount of wine had been consumed).

So now I am again home, with only a disgruntled cat at my feet.
She meows, but stalks off with her tail twitching every time I try to pet her.
Better than my friend Justin's cat at least. Annabel does NOT have the habit of using my bed as a litter box when she is displeased.

No comments:

Post a Comment