26 October 2010

Raven

Speaking of birds.... I am pretty sure that a bird followed me home from the grocery store last week. I decided to walk the 10 blocks because it was a beautiful fall day and the leaves were turning all sorts of orange and yellow and brown. With the leaves that had fallen and the leaves on the trees it made a sort of golden tunnel as I walked down the sidewalk.

On the way home, bag in hand, a raven or a crow started screaming at me. They do that, and I didn't pay it much mind, just kept walking. But about a block later a really magnificent leaf caught my eye and when I turned to pick it up I noticed the bird, or at least another large back bird a few feet on the pavement behind me. It was just sitting there staring, but it flew away when I turned around.

When I got home there was another raven perched on my balcony and Annabel was having a fit trying to claw through the glass window pane to get at it. It looked exactly like the first bird and it sort of made me nervous. I shut the blinds but Annabel would not calm down until it got dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment